Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wishing I did't live in the middle of nowhere...

so I could find  a support group to help myself and others. This has been the worst stretch of Gastroparesis I've ever had. It is not only terrible in throwing off my sleep cycle, but I inevitably end up waking up my guy and my kiddo. And it makes it harder to fight off the urge to nap during the day, which is also bad for sleep (obviously). My goals for this year are now more specific and realistic. By next year, I will still be sick. This is probably going to stick around as long as I do. But it will not defeat me. I am going to have these issues under better control by next year.

   I am also going to shift my focus from being sick, to being a better parent. I'm not the only one who lives with it every day. My daughter does too.


In crafty news, I started crocheting a baby elephant for my kiddo, and she has also asked me to make clothes for her Scentsy buddy, Froggert. She feels he needs clothes with hearts on them, and by the end of the day I intend to find a pattern to knit or crochet her such. I also have a Martha Stewart knitting and weaving tool coming from Amazon.com, as well as four skeins of alpaca yarn to make my guy a really nice scarf. He does a lot for us, and deserves nice things.

No comments:

Post a Comment